A growing number of Indians have been opting for the EB-5 immigrant investor programme owing to sterner guidelines on other visa categories such as H-1B and H-4. These visa categories and programme were really useful for Indians and people who wanted to immigrate to the United States. But post-Trump being in power there are certain changes in the laws for the entrepreneurs and their spouses for green card entries. For which EB-5 visa is the best option. Having said these United States offer other types of visa as well for the people who wish to stay and do the job in the USA.
Let us understand them in detail:
Besides family and immediate relative immigration visas, the U.S also gives visas to people who qualify to work in the country. These Employment Sponsored Visas permit foreign employees who have found an employer willing to hire them to come to the U.S permanently and work without an Employment Authorization Document. This employment visas are denoted with the letter E and are of 5 types:
- EB-1 Visa or First Priority Workers Visa is for outstanding professors, researchers, people with extraordinary abilities in arts, science, business, athletics, or education, as well as executive managers who have worked at a foreign branch of a U.S company for the past 3 years
- EB-2 Visa or Second Priority Workers Visa is for professionals with advanced degrees and people with extraordinary abilities in arts, sciences, or business.
- EB-3 Visa or Third Priority Workers Visa is for skilled workers with more than 2 years of experience, professionals with a higher education degree, or unskilled workers with less than 2 years of experience (EW-3 Visa).
- EB-4 Visa or Fourth Priority Workers Visa is for various religious, government, or international organizations workers
- EB-5 Visa or Fifth Priority Workers Visa is for investors in the U.S who will invest between $500K to $1 million in the U.S economy
Further, this article will talk about EB-5 Visa or the Fifth Priority Workers visa that is created for those who want jobs and employment positions in the U.S and invest in the U.S economy. It is very different from the other types of visas because it does not require a U.S employer to petition for the foreign immigrant. The EB-5 visa allows a foreign citizen to obtain a U.S Green Card through investing and creating jobs in the U.S economy. The investment must be between $500,000 and $1 million and create at least 10 jobs for U.S citizens or foreign immigrants. It makes a distinction between the general U.S economy and target areas which are rural places where there is high unemployment in the U.S.
We at Green Card Resolutions help you in consulting for your EB-5 visa.